Massage therapy addresses a variety of health conditions, the most prevalent being stress-related tension. Our registered massage therapist's hand movements can physically stretch muscles, ligaments, tendons, and fascia, encourage the circulation through the tissue, inhibit muscular spasms and be either sedating or stimulating to the nervous system.
- Increasing circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissue and vital organs.
- Stimulating the lymphatic system.
- Relaxing injured and overused muscles.
- Reducing spasms and cramping.
- Increasing joint flexibility.
- Reducing recovery time after workouts and eliminating subsequent pains.
- Releasing endorphins, the body's natural painkiller.
- Improving range of motion and decreasing discomfort for people with low back pain.
- Relieving headache pain.
Christina Reitz, C.M.T. has been a certified massage therapist since 1989. She graduated from the Chicago School of Massage Therapy, and is a member of the Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP).
- Swedish Massage
- Sports Massage
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Deep Tissue
A massage session can be scheduled from 45 to 120 minutes and are available at our Tinley Park and Hazel Crest locations by appointment.
Gift Certificates are available at any of the PTSIR locations.